Ride Rules to adhere to when riding
Rules to adhere to when riding:
- Carry ICE (in case of emergency) details.
- No helmet no ride.
- Children under 14 years must be accompanied by a guardian for the entire ride.
- Under 18 indemnity to be signed by guardian
- The smallest bicycle that may be used is a 24″ wheel size, proper Mountain Bike. It should be equipped with a full set of gears, front suspension and a water bottle holder.
- Keep left, pass right.
- Do not stop in the middle of the path, pull over first.
- When overtaking, do so safely. Let the rider in front know that you are going to overtake.
- Never pass the leader of your group.
- Obey your leader and sweep, they are there for your safety.
- Be friendly and courteous to fellow riders.
- At a T-junction or split check that the rider behind you knows which way to go.
- Pedestrians, dogs & horses have right of way.
- Downhill gives way to up.
- Pace yourself - if you ride too hard at the start you will “bonk”.
Items to bring along on all rides:
- Mountain bike that is in good working condition.
- R30 if Non-Member.
- Water, at least 1L per 20Km.
- Two spare tubes.
- Puncture repair kit.
- Working pump.
- Tyre liners and bike tools.
- Identity document and emergency contact details (NB: carry on the ride)