Ride Groups: Yellow, Red & Blue
Ratings: Technical: 7/10 Hills: 9/10 Distance: 32 km
Starting From: The Culinary Table
Starting Time: 7h30 for 8h00
Ride Description: Awesome ride out north from Lanseria with silly climbs and descents, out to the Zebra and then back to The Culinary Table via the Jukskei weir and finally the Crocodile River (i.e. two river crossings). A ride comprising of single track, jeep track and lots of hills! A variety of everything.
No beginners or green group riders. If it rains and the river crossings become impassable, we may have to extend the distance to get home.
Visitors welcome at the rides at R30 a visitor.
Directions: The Culinary Table is a restaurant inside a complex that includes Careful Carriers, The Grand Living and Culinary Equipment Company in the Lanseria Centre which is on the corner of the R512 (Pelindaba Road) and the Lanseria Airport Road (Ashenti Rd).
From the N1:
• Take the William Nicol offramp on the N1 regardless of the direction you are coming from and turn towards Monte Casino/Fourways Mall.
• Drive 1.78km and just past Monte Casino on your right, take the Witkoppen Road slip road in order to turn left into Witkoppen Road
• Drive 500m and turn right into Cedar Road
• Drive 8.51km past Broadacres, Dainfern and eventually Great North Timbers to a t-junction with the R114
• Turn left and immediately right and drive 2.91km to the intersection with the R512
• Turn right onto the R512 and drive exactly 2.55km and turn right into the road that will take you into the Culinary Table complex (if your reach the Lanseria Airport road you have driven 400m too far). Park near the Culinary Table Restaurant.
GPS Coordinates: S25.94439 E27.91032
Contact: Kevin Oldfield (072 384 0756)